It’s been a loooooooong time since I’ve written up a recipe, partly because we tend to dig in & eat it before I take pics 😉
Last night, I decided to try something new and remembered to take the pics, so here we are…back in the recipe write-up business with Beefy Pepper Rolls 🙂
This dish was inspired by one of those short videos you see on Facebook. I don’t recall who did the video to give proper credit, but I am sure it is still going around out there. I didn’t follow a specific recipe from them, but just remembered the picture and thinking how good it looked, so I made up my own.
I don’t think you can really go wrong with this one. As long as you have the beef and veggies, you can then improvise with your seasonings. We chose to season the beef with Tastefully Simple Everyday Grillin’ Seasoning, and I cooked with veggies in a bit of olive oil and a little more seasoning.
I prefer my veggies a little firmer, but Josh likes his really well-cooked, so I sauteed them up until they were fairly soft. Next, just spoon some of the veggie mixture onto each piece of beef.
Then, roll ’em up! Here’s where the magic happens…
That Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena adds SOOOOOOOO much flavor! Perfect for beef, chicken, veggies, mushrooms, just about anything!
Put them under the broiler for 4 minutes and VOILA, dinner is served! We put our beefy pepper rolls over a bed of brown rice. Quinoa or couscous would be yummy, too.
- beef cut very thin (our package said "beef for sandwiches")
- olive oil
- sliced green peppers
- sliced red peppers
- sliced onions
- Tastefully Simple Everyday Grillin' Seasoning
- Tastefully Simple Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- brown rice, cooked per package instructions
- Sprinkle beef with seasoning. Saute vegetables in olive oil until desired done-ness. Spoon vegetables onto beef and roll up. Place seam-side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with Aged Balsamic. Broil for 4 minutes or until beef is cooked to your liking. Serve over rice with additional Aged Balsamic and ENJOY!
Happy Cooking!~ Kim Denne
Disclosure: I am a Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant (ID# 0021712) and earn a commission on sales from my website, www.KimDenne.com. This post contains affiliate links.