There were a few days on my 30 Days of Salad journey when I didn’t want anything to do with a traditional salad and Day 18 was one of them!
I figured, the main point of this was to make sure I was getting more vegetables, protein, and healthy fats into my diet each day, so on Day 18 I was pretty lenient with my definition of “salad”. I basically ate leftovers from dinner, threw in a few fresh veggies and called it a day 🙂
The chicken was actually baked for dinner with the Red Bell Pepper Hummus on top, to create a bit of a “crust”. As a dinner meal it was delicious, as lunch it turned out pretty darned good, too!
I just cut up the chicken, scooped in some of the hummus and the cooked cauliflower that we had also baked with it, then added raw broccoli and chopped red bell pepper. It still met my criteria for vegetables, protein, and healthy fats, so although I wouldn’t necessarily look at these pics and call it “salad”, some days you’ve just gotta roll with what you’ve got!
30 Days of Salad Day 18 Quick Links
- Discover the HaPpInEsS that is Tastefully Simple Avocado Oil HERE
- Have Red Bell Pepper Hummus mix delivered right to your front door
- Replace your table salt with this Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Leftover chicken breast
- Tastefully Simple's Red Bell Pepper Hummus (prepared as directed on box)
- Red bell pepper
- TS Avocado Oil
- Prepared Hummus mix as directed with garbanzo beans.
- Pile everything into a bowl.
- Drizzle with Avocado Oil and ENJOY!
Are you joining me on this 30 Day challenge? Come back here & share your recipe in the comments and/or share on your social media & tag me! Use #30daysofsalad and #FoodandHappiness, too!
Happy 30 Days of Salad-ing!~ Kim Denne
Disclosure: I am a Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant (ID# 0021712) and earn a commission on sales from my website, www.KimDenne.com. This post contains affiliate links.